Monday, November 4, 2013

New house, new blog

I'm not sure where my other posts went but if someone can explain why they didn't import, please let me know how to change it :)!  New house, new blog.  Pausing to reflect on the positive.  Life isn't always perfect, and it's important to be honest, but at the end of the day there is still time to be grateful for the many things.  And THAT should be the focus when life is chaotic (as it usually is ;).

We're settled down.  All of the boxes are unpacked.  I think this has been our hardest move to date (mostly because there are two children under three involved).  So I did a few things, like not sleep or wake up at 3:30 AM, to ensure that this place looked like a home instead of a storage facility with weird smelling boxes (has anyone ever noticed how the UHaul boxes smell?).  I snapped a few pictures of the place before we cluttered it with my junk and a billion toys.  This house is a little smaller, so we got rid of about maybe one or two walk in closets worth of stuff.  How do I accumulate so much junk?  I am worried about the storage long-term, but let's be honest.  People like me who are addicted to buying holiday decorations are better off in homes with a one car garage, to save us from ourselves.  I am constantly in a battle with myself.  Now, before anything comes home, I ask myself where it's going to end up.  I like that!  Saves money and dusting!  Less stuff to accumulate dust, I really like that!

So here are a few pics of our home.  I tried to capture my favorite thing about this place.  The many trees, windows and nice bathrooms (weird?  Maybe a little).  26 total--windows not bathrooms.  Yes, that's a whole lotta windows.  And let me tell you, window treatments are not cheap.  But natural light is priceless, to us at least :).

Welcome to the new blog, and our new home! :)
 Kitchen

Back yard, missing some of the grass. 

 Windows in the stairway

Downstairs

Master bath

No comments:

Post a Comment